This instructor-led course covers the installation, configuration and maintenance of the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) family. The course describes the specifications, architecture and components of each system.
The course introduces documentation and tools provided by Hitachi Vantara for installing, configuring and servicing midrange systems of the VSP family and guides you through the steps to plan and perform an installation. You will learn how to use the Service Processor (SVP) to set up the system and configure Fibre Channel and iSCSI ports for integration into SAN environments.
You will explore the management tools and software and learn how to install, enable and use programs. Once familiar with these tools, you will create RAID groups and LUNs and configure a system to virtualize external storage.
You will perform maintenance and upgrade activities, including replacing and adding components and performing a firmware update.
Finally, the course introduces problem determination and incident resolution tools and techniques for the troubleshooting, installation and support issues.
- Install and Support
This course prepares you for the following Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional accreditations:
- Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional - VSP F/G3x0-F/G700-F/G900 installation (HQT-4150) Exam
- Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional VSP G200 to VSP G800 Storage Installation (HQT-4120) Exam
Knowledge of basic storage concepts
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the architecture of midrange systems of the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) family
- Discuss the specifications of the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) family
- Identify the internal components and their function
- Describe the back-end design and layout for each model, including drive trays and disk types
- Describe the different management GUIs
- Describe the new installation procedures and identify when it is appropriate for the use
- Explain the process that Hitachi Vantara uses for collecting and documenting pre-installation information
- Discuss the different ways of firmware update
- Describe how to install and configure Hi-Track Remote Monitoring system (Hi-Track)
- Describe Hitachi Virtual Storage Machines and nondisruptive migration features of global-active device
- Identify documentation and tools provided by Hitachi Vantara for installing, configuring and servicing
- Describe the maintenance functions
- System Architecture
- Management GUIs
- Change Configuration
- Firmware Updates
- Hi-Track Remote Monitoring System
- REST API