This 3-day instructor-led course provides students with the technical and process information needed to perform troubleshooting and data gathering tasks in SAN switched and routed networks, based on 16 Gbps Brocade products and Fabric OS v7.1.0. Lectures introduce the main concepts with a minimum of theory and a maximum of practical applications. In addition, hands-on lab exercises apply the processes defined in lecture.
Please see the original Course Description.
This course is designed for partners and end-users, Level 2 and Level 3 support personnel who provide Brocade technical support. Anyone with Brocade product experience that needs troubleshooting and technical support experience on Brocade products will also benefit.
Who should attend this class:
- support personnel responsible for troubleshooting issues that may arise in an SAN
- individuals looking for an understanding of troubleshooting processes and initial data collection
- advanced end-users looking to enhance network troubleshooting skills
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- troubleshoot common issues in SAN switched and routed networks
- use Brocade Network Advisor to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot SAN switched and routed networks
- demonstrate how to diagram a fabric using collected support data
- gather troubleshooting data for Brocade Fibre Channel switches and HBAs/Fabric Adapters
- identify what causes performance problems in Fibre Channel fabrics
- troubleshoot common fabric problems
- Overview of Trouubleshotting.
- Visualization of the fabric infrastructure.
- LLFD approach: Link, login, Fabric, Device.
- Data Gathering: Support Save.
- Device Connectivity: Port Statistics and error counters.
- Login in detail: Portlogdump.
- Communication problems between the switches.
- Performance problems: Slow jam to drain devicec.
- Recommended Actions and solving the most important error image.